Position: Yerba Buena Gardens Festival Seasonal Event Staff
Job Status: Part-Time/On-Call
Compensation: $24/hour for entry level
Yerba Buena Gardens Festival is hiring Festival Event Staff to help manage outdoor performing arts programs and private events in Yerba Buena Gardens.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a thriving artistic and cultural scene in the heart of San Francisco. Yerba Buena Gardens Festival (ybgfestival.org) features world-renowned performances of music, dance, theater, poetry, and children’s programs.
Located on Mission Street (between 3rd & 4th), the Yerba Buena Gardens Festival takes place from May through October – all FREE to the public.
Key Job Duties:
- Work as part of a dynamic team under direction of Event Manager and Supervisor
- Assist with set-up and take-down of outdoor chairs and tables
- Assist with set-up and take-down of stage canopies
- Hand out event schedules
- Administer audience surveys
- Assist in collecting audience donations during and after performances
- Answer questions and provide program information and general directions to the public
- Act as safety monitor for equipment loading & set-up for large festivals & private events
- Act as public liaison during private events
- Use a two-way radio for communication
- Additional tasks as assigned
Key Skills Desired:
- Excellent people, communication, and teamwork skills
- Excellent standard of professionalism, reliable and punctual
- Must be able to be on your feet standing and walking for up to 4 hours at a time
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Attention to detail and ability to follow directions thoroughly
- Work effectively under pressure and remain calm in high-stress situations
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic outdoor environment
- Available to work either weekends or weekdays, occasional early or late hours
- Experience with arts events or outdoor programs as an usher or a house manager is preferred but not required. Everyone will have thorough on-the-job training upon hire.
This is a part-time on-call position; weekly work schedule varies according to our program calendar and rental events. Great opportunity for students, artists, or anyone who has a flexible schedule, and who would like to contribute to a dynamic performing arts organization.
To apply, please send a cover letter detailing your applicable experience, availability and interest in this position with your resume in the body of an email (no attachments please). No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Yerba Buena Gardens Festival is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email your cover letter and resume