- This program has passed.
YBG Dance Day
Sat, Aug 19, 10:00am – 3:00pmFree
Welcome to the joyous world of dance! Yerba Buena Gardens Festival and Rhythm & Motion present Yerba Buena Gardens Dance Day! Yerba Buena Gardens transforms into an outdoor dance center where participants can sample dance in a variety of forms and flavors with some of the Bay Area’s most talented teachers. Classes are one-hour long and genres include salsa, bachata, body percussion, rhythm & motion, soul line dance, contemporary dance, dancehall and more.
Whether you are new to dance or a seasoned professional, YBG Dance Day is open to everyone! Bring comfortable shoes, a water bottle and your curiosity for movement – stay for an hour or the full day. Invite friends and family! This is your day to dance!
Subject to change. Please check back for updates.
- 10am – Rhythm & Motion with R&M Faculty (East Garden)
- 10am – TBD (Esplanade)
- 11:15am – West Coast Swing with Austin Kois and Estelle Bonnaire of Mission City Swing (East Plaza)
- 11:15am – Bachata with Monica Ascencio (East Garden)
- 12:30pm – Jazz Funk with Jess Bozzo (East Garden)
- 12:30pm – Soul Line Dancing with Chocolate Platinum (East Plaza)
- 12:30pm – live music by Son Chévere with an open dance floor (Esplanade)
- 1:45pm – Dancehall with Aimee Rose (Esplanade)
- 1:45pm – Cuban Salsa (Rueda de Casino) with Sidney Weaverling and Ryan Mead (East Garden)
- 1:45pm – Bollywood with Rang De Bollywood Dance Company (East Plaza)