- The Venues
- Fees & Permits
- Application Form
- Rental Documents
- Catering & Tenting
- Nearby Indoor Facilities
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Policies listed below are key aspects of the Yerba Buena Gardens Rental Guidelines. Event guidelines available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
FILM SHOOTS using large equipment (lighting, tripods, etc) must submit a rental form at least 72 hours in advance for a permit. Filming or photographing of the Contemporary Jewish Museum requires additional permitting and fees from the CJM.
PROMOTIONAL AND PRIVATE EVENTS must submit a rental form a minimum of 30 days in advance for a permit.
ALCOHOL – When hosting a private rental event at a Yerba Buena Gardens venue, a one day alcohol license can be covered by your event permit.
Yerba Buena Gardens does NOT permit activities involving:
- Vehicles on Yerba Buena Gardens grounds
- Blocking of public entrances and exits
- Animal acts
- Hot air balloons/Helicopters/Flying devices
- Tent stakes (water barrels preferred)
- Wheeled conveyances such as cars, pallet jacks, electric cars, bicycles (use of hand carts preferred)
- Fire or open flame
- Portable toilets
Vendors & Caterers: Yerba Buena Gardens Festival does not provide furnishings, tenting, or catering. See our suggested service vendors.
Sound: No amplified sound is allowed after 9pm. Amplified sound level is generally restricted to 70dB. On weekdays noon–1:30pm and weekends/holidays 9am–sunset sound level is permissible up to 85dB.
Parking: Permits may be issued for using the parking cutouts on Mission St. for load-in and load-out. Each parking cutout fits up to 3 small cars or 2 large trucks. Availability of parking cutouts is not guaranteed. Meter parking and lots are nearby. See map of parking facilities.
Insurance: Contact us for complete insurance requirements at email@example.com.
See Proof of Insurance page for list of additionally insured entities to be named. Proof of insurance is not required for submittal of application; however, an event permit will not be issued without proper insurance.
Prior notice as follows is required to process a permit for the Gardens:
- Film Shoots – a minimum of 72 hours prior
- Special Events – a minimum of 30 days prior
- Weddings – a minimum of 30 days prior
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for date availability.
Each rental is priced case-by-case. To get a cost estimate, please submit a rental application form. Allow 10 working days for fee quotes. We offer competitive rates. The income from private rentals at Yerba Buena Gardens flows directly back into free arts programming and contributes to Gardens maintenance, safety, beautification and capital improvements.
- Venue Fee: Venue rental fee which directly supports free arts programming and capital improvement (TBD) in Yerba Buena Gardens.
- Service Fee: Cost for maintenance other and permit(s). This fee is in addition to the Venue Fee and does not include any furnishings, tenting, or catering.
- Branding Fee: Advertising or promotional signage, including corporate logos, is prohibited unless authorized by the Permitting Agent. Branding Fee is incurred according to the scale of promotional signage. This fee is in addition to the Venue Fee and the Service Fee.
- Contemporary Jewish Museum Fee: Filming or photographing of the Contemporary Jewish Museum requires additional permitting and fees from the CJM.
Walk-Through (Site Visit): To schedule a walk-through, email email@example.com
Payment: The payment schedule will be detailed in the invoice and must be paid in full prior to the event. Yerba Buena Gardens Festival accepts most forms of payment including ACH, check and through Bill.com. Wire transfers incur an additional $15 fee, credit card payments incur an additional 3% fee.