- This program has passed.
Outdoor Dance Classes with Rhythm & Motion
Yerba Buena Gardens Festival and Rhythm & Motion invite you to join us for small group (and socially distanced) dance classes for FREE at the beautiful Yerba Buena Gardens. For over 40 years, Rhythm & Motion has provided the joy, intensity and skill of dance to the public in welcoming atmospheres through its classes, events and community-minded programming. We are excited to bring people together (safely) and to work with Rhythm & Motion to re-energize the Gardens with music and dance.
Rhythm & Motion (R&M) is an addictive follow-along class that is inspired by vocabulary and a soundtrack of songs from across the globe. Classes are taught by experienced dancers and performing artists that all emphasize the joyful spirit and open expressiveness of dance in its many forms. All levels and abilities are welcome to join.
Classes are scheduled for Tuesdays in April and May, with the possibility of continuing on. Registration is required and capacity is limited per SFDPH guidelines. Registration for the upcoming week of classes will open on Fridays at 6pm.
Tuesday, April 20
Tuesday, April 27
Tuesday, May 4
Tuesday, May 11
Tuesday, May 18
Tuesday, May 25
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS RELATED TO COVID-19
- There will be plenty of room to dance and participants will be required to maintain a minimum of 6 feet away from other people.
- Please do not attend this event if you, or someone in your household, has been exposed to COVID-19 or experienced any related symptoms in the last 14 days. Symptoms include, but are not limited to loss of smell, fever, fatigue, dry cough, difficulty breathing.
- Please protect yourself and others by following all safety procedures at this event. Violation of these procedures will be cause for removal from the event space.
Enjoy The Program with These Safety Steps:
- Performance attendance is limited per SFDPH capacities
- Stay home if you don’t feel well
- Stay 6 feet away from people
- Wear a face covering
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Wash or sanitize your hands often
Thank you for keeping us all healthy. Now let’s keep the music playing!
For more COVID-19 Safety information, go to: