2017 Creativity Festival
Sun, Sep 17, 2017, 10:00am – 4:00pm Free
Join us in celebrating the creative and innovative spirit of San Francisco with hands-on, family-friendly activities in the Yerba Buena Children’s Garden. Produced by the Children’s Creativity Museum with support from the Yerba Buena Community Benefit District, all ages are invited to:
- Enjoy live clowning performances by Unique Derique
- Experience MoAD in the Classroom, the Museum of the African Diaspora’s art-based visual literacy program
- Fog Painting – Apply science and watercolor painting to create a foggy explosion
- City Lights Cyanotypes – See your cityscape go from day to night as we explore with cyanotype paper
- Fuzzy City – Design a felt city at our fuzzy engineering table
- How High Can it Go? – Engineer a building that pushes the limits of gravity. Then, conduct structural testing at the wind and earthquake stations.
- Slime Time! – Experiment with different ingredients to create your own slime
- Parachutes and Flying Machines – Design and test your own parachutes and flying machines using a zipline
- And join Toca Boca with a surprise hands-on activity in Co-Lab!
This event is FREE thanks to the support of
Creativity Festival activities will be held in the Children’s Garden and are free for all ages. General museum admission is $12.95 for ages two and older.
Explore more in these Festival series: